Conference calling for businesses
With more than 3.1m of the UK's workforce at home, having staff
based outside the office is becoming an increasingly practical
choice for businesses with limited space. This guide will help you
to understand more about conference calls and their benefits.
- What is conference calling?
- The benefits of conference calling
- How much will it cost?
What is conference calling?
Conference calling allows more than two people to be involved in
a telephone call. Conference calls work in various ways: either
several people can sit around a conference phone to speak to
someone based elsewhere, or several people dial into a call using a
PIN or password.
- Allows more than two people to make a phone call
- Can involve several people sitting around a conference
- Callers can dial into a call using a PIN or password
The benefits of conference calling
Conference calls mean even if your team is based apart, they can
talk together as if they were in the same room. It allows people
from separate businesses working on the same project to
collaborate, and cuts down on downtime caused by journeys to and
from meetings, can also significantly reduce fuel costs.
- Teams can talk as if they were in the same room
- Allows teams from separate businesses to collaborate
- Cuts down on downtime caused by journeys and reduces fuel
How much will it cost?
Most mobile operators will allow you to do it for free - the
person setting up the call pays according to your monthly price
plan for each individual phone call they make. If you want to make
a call from a meeting, a conference phone with three microphones
will set you back around £150.
- There are no extra charges for setting up conference calls
- The person setting up the call is charged for the individual
- A conference phone will cost around £150
Smarta Business Builder
To help you on your business journey, we've created Smarta Business Builder, the complete online
tools package for growing your business. Website
Documents and Email - all in one place
- from just £20 per month with no contract! Try it out today.