Vacancy: marketing executive
Smarta.com is a new and energetic London-based web start-up with global ambitions. The site itself is a unique advice resource & connection platform for entrepreneurs and small businesses. Launched in January 2009, Smarta has already created quite a buzz and hit both the TV screens and the headlines.
Backed by an impressive line up of entrepreneurs (Dragons' Den Theo Paphitis and Deborah Meaden, Bebo's Michael & Xochi Birch), Smarta also has serious corporate backing with RBS/Natwest and Vodafone as founding partners.
Run by Sháá Wasmund (deckchair.com, mykindaplace.com) Smarta has a true start-up atmosphere and a lively, entrepreneurial culture where everyone is given the scope and autonomy to create and implement their ideas and really make their mark.
The marketing executive will be responsible for the execution of Smarta's marketing strategy and management of day-to-day activities. Our ideal candidate will have 3-5 years' hands-on experience with various online advertising programs like paid search, email and social media to drive site traffic.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Marketing campaign management
- Manage initiatives to drive traffic and registrations (inc. SEO, PPC, competitions, email, data campaigns etc)
- Implement a social media marketing strategy
- Maintain and manage a detailed and integrated marketing plan across online, offline and partner channels
- Organise and plan logistics for events, including tradeshows
- Analyze marketing campaign data and adjust accordingly utilizing tracking and analytics solutions to deliver maximum return. Review, evaluate and prioritize current and proposed marketing enhancements against business and customer needs.
- Communicate key programs and results to senior management on a consistent basis.
Market and Consumer Intelligence
- Gain a deep understanding of customers, their wants and needs, through research, analysis of customer data, and ongoing communication with key target audiences
- Build and maintain an ongoing detailed competitive analysis
- Communicate learnings and insights to the broader team
Communication and Brand
- Manage day to day relationships with external agencies (PR, SEM)
- Copy-writing - from snappy slogans to marketing mail shots
- Develop and oversee the design and copy of promotional materials, including company presentations
- Minimum of two years' work experience in marketing with a proven record in the online/digital space: In depth understanding of websites and the key drivers of traffic and conversion rates.
- Deep knowledge and active use of social media
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of web analytic tools such as Google Analytics, Webtrends, Omniture a plus.
- Experience with online SEM, email and website conversion metrics (CPM, CTR, CPC, CPL, CPA) a plus. Comfortable creating and tracking programs that are strictly measured against quantitative ROI-based objectives.
- Demonstrated success managing and building marketing partnerships to drive customer acquisition or sales.
Candidates should be
- able to work effectively in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- team player, self-motivated, and results oriented
- full of enthusiasm, can-do attitude and positivity
- passionate about entrepreneurs and small businesses
How to apply
Please email email@example.com with a CV, a cover letter, and a few suggestions as to how you would market Smarta and drive traffic to the site.