Ten ways to make your office more feng shui
Feng shui, has existed within Chinese culture for nearly 3,000
years. The principals of feng shui are based upon bringing harmony
and stability to your physical environment whilst improving your
life and physical wealth.
The goal of feng shui is for an individual to become one with
nature and create a positive channel of energy from the Earth.
While regularly used for the arrangement of furniture in a person's
home, feng shui can also be applied to an individuals working area,
to help them improve their productivity and happiness.
Here, Uswitch's Joe Lewis presents the top ten dos and don'ts of
office feng shui:
- DO hide any cables and electrical wiring. This helps to
minimise mess and helps unblock any channels of positive
- DON'T ever have your back to a door. Remember, business
opportunities symbolically contact you through an opening or door,
so never turn your back on one.
- DO sit with a large building behind you, should you find
yourself near a window as this will give you the support of a
- DON'T ever be seated in line with the entrance or door as you
face being in line with negative energy channels.
- DO respect all paperwork in your office. Files and
documentation symbolise your history, current position, and future
- DON'T place any mirrors near your office, as this can reflect
negative energy channels to visiting clients from colleagues at
work who are having a bad day.
- DO choose a desk that is away from everyone and in a corner
from the entrance of the office so you have the highest position of
- DON'T organise your office area so you are facing a long
corridor, stairs, cupboards or storage facilities.
- DO balance light and dark colours and smooth and rough textures
when treating furniture and flooring.
- Don't sit in front of a beam or object. However, if an object
or post blocks your vision, amend this with a hanging plant.
Find out more about Uswitch, helping people save money on their business
Smarta Business Builder
To help you on your business journey, we've created Smarta Business Builder, the complete online
tools package for growing your business. Website
Documents and Email - all in one place
- from just £20 per month with no contract! Try it out today.