Text messaging is increasingly becoming the most popular way to
reach a target audience, and with good reason: a survey has found
more than 96% of text messages are opened and read, meaning your
marketing is practically guaranteed to reach your customer. This
guide will help you to understand more about SMS marketing.
- What is SMS marketing?
- The advantages of SMS marketing
- The costs
1) What is SMS marketing?
SMS marketing, like email marketing, allows you to send messages
to large groups of targeted customers. The messages can be up to
160 characters long, and will allow you to communicate with your
customers on the move when a call isn't practical.
- Send targeted messages
- Messages up to 160 characters long
- Communicate with your customers when a call isn't
2) The advantages of SMS marketing
Timing is all-important when it comes to marketing, and text
messaging is one of the most precise ways to time your marketing:
most people open their texts as soon as they receive them. It also
allows you to achieve personal contact with your customers
instantly, and on the move.
- Give your marketing precise timing
- Communicate with your customers instantly
- Send communications on the move
3) The costs
You will need to go through a mobile agency or operator to
send out bulk text messages, which will work out at roughly 10p per
text, unless you buy a bulk SMS package. In addition, you may want
to purchase a four- or five-digit shortcode to make your number
more memorable, which will cost you a few hundred pounds per
- Mobile agency or operator will send out text messages
- You can buy bulk SMS packages for large volumes of text
- A shortcode will make your number more memorable
Smarta Business Builder
To help you on your business journey, we've created Smarta Business Builder, the complete online
tools package for growing your business. Website
Documents and Email - all in one place
- from just £20 per month with no contract! Try it out today.