Transpromo: A beginner's guide
Is the term 'transpromo' alien to you? This guide will walk you
though the definition of transpromo and explain the benefits to
your business. Craig Prince, director of print and mail firm
Stralfors has this simple, easy-to-understand overview of
What is transpromo?
- Transpromo is where marketing and transactional mail meet and
support each other. It's the technique of adding marketing messages
to bills, statements, contracts and other 'transactional' documents
that companies need to send to their customers
- Rather than send separate transactional and marketing material,
marketers now have an opportunity to combine messages onto the same
document in a single envelope.
- Typically, documents of any kind have a lot of unused white
space; transpromo is where businesses use this space to include
Why is it becoming so popular?
- It's cost effective; 70% of a mailing campaign's costs are
related to the actual cost of postage so there's a clear and
instant cost saving by combining transactional and marketing
- Budget consolidation - marketing budgets can be incorporated
within a bill or statement, turning a traditional outgoing into a
possible profit generator.
- Customers are more likely to spend time reading transactional
documents than promotional messages. 95% of transactional documents
are opened and read - a dream statistic.
- Using your profiling data on your customers, you can use
variable data in a campaign that sends tailored messages to each
customer and improves response rates. The key to success sending
the right message to the right customer at the right time.
- Transpromo works best with cross or up-selling opportunities
rather than offers. For instance, if a customer has household
insurance with a bank, use the bill to put a message about content
or car insurance.
- When it comes to where to place to marketing message,
discretion is key. You don't want it to look 'glitzy' as it is
still an informative document.
Find out more about Stralfors
Smarta Business Builder
To help you on your business journey, we've created Smarta Business Builder, the complete online
tools package for growing your business. Website
Documents and Email - all in one place
- from just £20 per month with no contract! Try it out today.