Optimise your website: How to use an SEO company
To make sure you are driving as much traffic as possible to your website, you will need to have it well search engine optimised (SEO). When it comes to SEOing your site, you will be faced with a decision over whether to do it yourself or draft in an expert to do it for you. This guide will explain why an SEO company can help, and help you decide whether to use one or not.
- Why use an SEO company?
- Using an SEO company vs doing it in-house
- Choosing an SEO company
Why use an SEO company?
Because they are experts in the subject, an SEO company will take the hassle out of making sure your website is well optimised, suggesting a list of keywords you might not have thought of. They will conduct an audit of your site's content and evaluate the search market to come up with a quote of how much it will cost to boost your rankings.
- The SEO company will take the hassle out of optimising your site
- They will be able to use statistics to work out the best keywords for your site
- The company should give you a realistic evaluation of how far they can boost your rankings, and at what cost
Using an SEO company vs doing it in-house
If you are a new business with a small budget, hiring an SEO company may not provide enough return on investment (ROI) to validate itself, but as you grow, hiring experts will help you to drive valuable traffic to your website. Before you hire a company, consider sending a member of staff on an SEO course - they may be able to boost your rankings more cost-effectively. There's a lot you can do for your SEO on your own, like writing great meta descriptions. Check out our step by step guide here.
- Hiring an SEO company may not provide an adequate ROI
- Consider sending a member of staff on an SEO course
- Ask your web designer or developer for their advice on SEO
Choosing an SEO company
Shop around before you decide on an SEO company and ask for examples of their previous work. Ask for recommendations from other website owners, and be wary of using a company which employs salespeople who aren't familiar with the SEO process, so ask them to give you a quote on the ROI they expect to be able to give you, and ask them how long it will be before you start to see results.
- Ask to see examples of previous work
- Ask for recommendations from other website owners
- Ask them how long it will be before you see results
Smarta Business Builder
To help you on your business journey, we've created Smarta Business Builder, the complete online tools package for growing your business. Website Builder, Business Plans, Accounting Software, Legal Documents and Email - all in one place - from just £20 per month with no contract! Try it out today.