Today, twenty of the UK's most innovative start-ups have been awarded a place on Web Mission 2013, an entrepreneur-led trip to India to help accelerate their businesses in the growing Indian market.
These businesses are the best of the best in digital, wireless and mobile software. An SAS team of British businesses they have been chosen for their potential to infiltrate and crack the rich opportunities provided by the emerging Indian economy.
Each company offers products or services that can provide solutions for areas such as the healthcare, education and energy sectors to the low-income groups and emerging middle classes.
As India continues to experience social and business changes, this Mission will showcase the significant opportunities for UK businesses representing these sectors.
The Mission is supported by the Technology Strategy Board and UK Trade & Investment (UKTI), alongside other private sponsors, and organised by The Long Run Venture and the Co-Sponsorship Agency. It's the eighth in a series of Missions organised by the public, private partnership, but is the first one to head to Asia.
"The goal of this mission is to provide the necessary know-how, connections and inspiration to help improve and accelerate opportunities with potential customers and partners," said David Bott, Director of Innovation Programmes at the Technology Strategy Board."
The chosen companies will be traveling to Bangalore followed by New Delhi, between 9th and 16th February 2013 and guess what? Smarta are joining them. We'll be blogging about the whole trip, bringing you the insights on how these companies are doing business in India, where it differs from the UK and what lessons other start-ups can learn from the experiences of these twenty businesses.
A huge congratulations to the chosen companies who are listed below:
· Ambiental Technical Solutions (http://www.ambiental.co.uk)
· Audioboo Limited (http:audioboo.fm)
· Coveritas Limited (http://www.coveritas.com)
· Cyceera Limited (http://www.cyceera.com)
· Inngot Limited (http://www.inngot.com)
· Omnisoft Services Ltd (http://omnisoftservices.com)
· OmPrompt (http://www.omprompt.com/)
· Stream Communications (http://www.stream-communications.com/)
· Sub10 Systems (http://www.sub10systems.com)
· Sunde (http://www.sunde.net)
· Trusted Renewables Ltd (http://trustedrenewables.com)
· Cyan Technology PLC (http://www.cyantechnology.com)
· uMotif (http://www.uMotif.com)
· Buffalo Project LTD (http://buffalogrid.org)
· Zondle (http://www.zondle.com)