Winners are invited to a reception hosted by Her Majesty at Buckingham Palace. They are also conferred the right to use the Award Emblem on company stationery, websites, goods and advertising material. Neato. Perhaps more importantly, winners have reported worldwide press coverage, added commercial value and a boost to staff morale.
Anyone can be nominated for the award. To be nominated for the Queen’s Award for Enterprise Promotion, an individual must:
◦ contribute more than just the requirements of their paid job or main activity to the promotion of business enterprise or entrepreneurial skills (or both)
◦ be active in the role or area they’re being nominated for, and have been for at least 2 years
◦ have made their contribution to enterprise promotion in the UK (including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man)
◦ not already hold a Queen’s Award for Enterprise Promotion (you can’t get one twice because you hold it for life, but previously unsuccessful nominees can be nominated again)
◦ not have been awarded honours for enterprise promotion by Her Majesty the Queen
It’s important to note, you can’t nominate yourself for this award and nominees should not be told about the nomination unless it’s successful. The deadline for nominations is 30th September 2015 and winners are to be announced on 21st April 2016. Fur full details, please click here.