Smarta 100 / Special Awards Nominees: People
The special award for the best use of people is sponsored by Natwest and the winner will receive £1,000 worth of training in employment law and HR or health and safety.
Who will win?
Our judges decide on the overall winner from the shortlist of five companies you can see above. The winner is announced on 8 November at the Smarta 100 Awards Ceremony.
The judges are looking for the company that has a genuine understanding of the value of its people; one that thinks creatively when coming up with new ways of investing in its people and gives the people it deals with on a daily basis extra-special care. It might also go the extra mile in creating opportunity for people outside the business.
The winners from last year, Umi Hotels, runs a programme to help young people get on the hospitality career ladder. They have employed over 100 interns, giving them a valuable experience and the opportunity to gain new skills.
They also engaged London fashion students in designing the staff uniforms and have brilliant relationships with the local communities.
For more information about NatWest, click here
Special Awards Shortlist
Congratulations to all Special Awards nominees – it was a close competition!
- » Best use of InnovationA week's stay at the exclusive Lower Mill Estate holiday house in the Cotswolds for up to five people
- Charity Engine
- EcoEgg (winner)
- » Best use of Technology£1,000 worth of Intuit products
- Funding Circle (winner)
- » Best use of Resources£1,000 business insurance products
- Magaluf Takeover
- Maskarade (winner)
- RedDog Design
- Simon Beattie
- » Best use of Marketing A three-hour PR and communications workshop, worth £1,000, with founders Michael Hayman and Nick Giles
- Alyssa Smith Jewellery
- Less Packaging Company
- MediaDevil (winner)
- Oil and Gas People
- » Best use of People£1,000 worth of training from NatWest Mentor
- Enterprise Labs
- Hatstand Nelly
- Livity (winner)
- The Bicycle Academy
- Young Rewired State