Smarta 100 / Special Awards Nominees: Resources
This special award is sponsored by Simply Business and the winner will receive up to £1,000 worth of business insurance products.
Who will win?
Our judges decide on the overall winner from the shortlist of five companies you can see above. The winner is announced on 8 November at the Smarta 100 Awards Ceremony.
In this category the judges will be looking out for a truly smart business that has made everything it has at its disposal work harder, be it people, money or publicity.
The 2011 Smarta 100 winner was Great Little Place, a destination where people can recommend special, unusual and off-the-beaten-track places to others who want to make the most of London.
Having begun life as just a Facebook page, the team went on to crowdsource funds and launched a website that took the busin ess to the next level.
For more information about Simply Business, click here
Special Awards Shortlist
Congratulations to all Special Awards nominees – it was a close competition!
- » Best use of InnovationA week's stay at the exclusive Lower Mill Estate holiday house in the Cotswolds for up to five people
- Charity Engine
- EcoEgg (winner)
- » Best use of Technology£1,000 worth of Intuit products
- Funding Circle (winner)
- » Best use of Resources£1,000 business insurance products
- Magaluf Takeover
- Maskarade (winner)
- RedDog Design
- Simon Beattie
- » Best use of Marketing A three-hour PR and communications workshop, worth £1,000, with founders Michael Hayman and Nick Giles
- Alyssa Smith Jewellery
- Less Packaging Company
- MediaDevil (winner)
- Oil and Gas People
- » Best use of People£1,000 worth of training from NatWest Mentor
- Enterprise Labs
- Hatstand Nelly
- Livity (winner)
- The Bicycle Academy
- Young Rewired State