Smarta 100 // What is Smarta 100
What is Smarta 100?
Smarta 100 2012 Prize
The Smarta 100 is an annual celebration of the most resourceful, original, exciting and disruptive small businesses in the UK.
The Smarta 100, in partnership with O2, seeks to find the best and most brilliant businesses in the UK. We are not just looking for those who bring in the most cash, but the businesses that have the most original ideas and make a true difference. We want to find the beacons of enterprising Britain, the small firms that thrive despite the gloomy economy, be it a brilliant social enterprise, an inspiring young tech start-up or a small manufacturer.
Last year's winners included crowd-sourced design firm Concept Cupboard, the world's first designer energy-saving light bulb Plumen and members-only boutique hotel provider Secret Escapes.
Many have gone on to find even more success since the Smarta 100. Righteous Living, producer of natural food and drinks, has since raised £75,000 on Crowdcube and recently screened their first TV ad. Mobile games developer Neon Play has seen huge growth in the last year as they hit 30 million downloads last December. Founder and CEO Oli Christie was announced Entrepreneur of the Year at the National Chamber of Commerce Awards.
How it Works
- 1enter now
Register your business here before midnight on Saturday 1st September.
- 2Our judges will announce their Smarta 100 2012 on Monday 1st October.
- 3You then vote for the Smarta 100 Business of the Year 2012 and winner of £10,000 grand prize.
- 4All Smarta 100 winners are invited to our glitzy awards bash at London's Proud2 on Thursday 8th November where the winners will be announced.
Special Awards Shortlist
Congratulations to all Special Awards nominees – it was a close competition!
- » Best use of InnovationA week's stay at the exclusive Lower Mill Estate holiday house in the Cotswolds for up to five people
- Charity Engine
- EcoEgg (winner)
- » Best use of Technology£1,000 worth of Intuit products
- Funding Circle (winner)
- » Best use of Resources£1,000 business insurance products
- Magaluf Takeover
- Maskarade (winner)
- RedDog Design
- Simon Beattie
- » Best use of Marketing A three-hour PR and communications workshop, worth £1,000, with founders Michael Hayman and Nick Giles
- Alyssa Smith Jewellery
- Less Packaging Company
- MediaDevil (winner)
- Oil and Gas People
- » Best use of People£1,000 worth of training from NatWest Mentor
- Enterprise Labs
- Hatstand Nelly
- Livity (winner)
- The Bicycle Academy
- Young Rewired State